Wednesday 2 May 2012

I Frankened!!


For those who don't know, Frankening a polish is the art of mixing polishes and adding things to polishes to create something new and unique. (Taken obviously from Frankenstein.)

From left to right I have lovingly dubbed my colours:

Shelley
To be Frank
Igor-Geous


Here are the bottles I started with:



Then I added a micro-fine glitter and a second bigger octagonal glitter to the bottles. Here is the process: 

Shelley


Shelley got the bright pink treatment. 


To Be Frank



To Be Frank was doused with silver glitter.


Igor-Geous


Funny things happened when I added gold glitter to the purple polish, it turned it brownish. I didn't like it at first but once I tried it on, I kind of fell for it.


In addition here is a mega Franken fail:
This was a clear top coat that I mixed a multi colour glitter into but the colours ran and turned the polish reddish-brown.

Have you ever Frankened? Do you like what I came up with? Leave me a comment below!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn! I love it. Not yet, but I love glitters and everything shiny. Have a nice time. Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you came up with lovely franken! i tried frankening but havent posted it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! This was something i used to do when i was like 12 and now its an actual thing you can do! Mine always came out weird but its cool feeling like a little nail polish scientist and experimenting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out very nice, love all results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be frank is my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete